Distilled Dollar Podcast

Next week I’ll be sharing my 2017 blog goals and 2017 personal goals, but for today, I wanted to officially introduce you the most amazing Podcast you’ll hear this year. How can I guarantee the amazingness? Because yours truly is in it! 🙂 The Distilled Dollar Podcast is a partnership between myself and Grant from Millennial Money. So far, it has been fun as hell and we can’t wait to bring you more.

The podcast, Millennial Money Minutes, is where we tackle tough personal finance questions in 5 minutes or less.

We’ve been blown away by the early success as we had over 4,000 downloads in our first month. Plus, I love seeing emails, tweets, or messages about how people are digging the talks!  🙂

You can listen via the site Podbean here or on iTunes. (We are working on additional platforms as well.)

So, what’s so awesome about this podcast? Everything. If I had to pick one thing, it would seriously be ALL OF IT.

I honestly can not restrain the excitement since starting on this project with Grant about a month ago.

We make a great team because we agree on a common core message of delivering personal finance advice to people who can take that advice and run with it. Naturally we have points where we disagree – but the core message is strong enough for us to have fun with everything else.

We have two very different perspectives. Grant is an ultra-successful entrepreneur who is the founder of three different companies. He became a millionaire by age 30 and is worth many more millions now at the age of 32. Not bad considering he was nearly broke at the age of 24. I’m excited to see his arrival in the personal finance blogging space and glad to be working together on such a fun podcast.

Me, on the other hand, I’m a 27 year old who just reached a net worth of zero. We still have debts to pay off, and it’s a struggle, but we’ve built some incredible habits over the past year. Now, we just need to demonstrate persistence, patience, and consistency. Yes, those might all be synonyms, but they’re worth mentioning as they are each extremely important to pursuing financial independence.

Here are a few of my favorite episodes, in no particular order.

Early on, our focus early on was tackling some of the PF 101 topics. Lately, we’ve started to dive into some more advanced topics and look forward to expanding on this in 2017.

If what you see is what you like, subscribe and leave us a review. We’re new to the podcasting game so we welcome any and all feedback. If there is a specific topic you’d like us to cover, let us know by tweeting at us with #MillennialMoney.

Developing this podcast is one of my 2017 goals (I’ll be sharing all of my 2017 goals next week). My goal for Millennial Money Minutes is to have 100,000 downloads through the first six months of 2017. We’re excited to be working on this together and glad to see people are truly enjoying it.

Again, THANK YOU to everyone who has already subscribed, listened, and left a review.

Enjoy the podcasts!

• Mrs. Picky Pincher Jan 6, 2017, 8:21 am

I do think it’s an asset that you and Grant are at different points in your FIRE journeys. That makes it more interesting for us to listen to. 🙂 Congrats on the success of your podcast!!!

• Distilled Dollar Jan 6, 2017, 8:56 am

Thank you!! We agree on the different perspectives, too. It is nice to see many of the same habits in both of us, whereas I’ve been at it for five years less. It gives me (and anyone in my position) hope and a clear target to strive towards.

• Matt Spillar Jan 6, 2017, 9:57 am

Congrats on the new project and the early success! I’ve listened to a few of the episodes and you guys did a great job. Love the concept of having them be short, I imagine it makes them much less intimidating for first time listeners to check out.

• Distilled Dollar Jan 6, 2017, 12:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I never thought about it like that but you’re right, the short time frame is basically a low barrier to entry for new listeners.

• Financial Panther Jan 6, 2017, 12:17 pm

Been enjoying all of your podcasts Matt! I listen to them on 1.5x speed, so it only takes me about 3 minutes to listen to the whole episode! Now how you keep up with the blog, day job, and podcast…man you are hustling!

• Distilled Dollar Jan 6, 2017, 1:44 pm

Glad to hear you enjoy them! I still need to listen to an episode at 1.5x speed just to hear what we sound like haha!

As for the 2nd part of your comment, I’m coming out with a post next week on my 4 hour sleep week…haha, but truthfully, I’m not sure. I was looking over my 2016 progress and it would have been a total fantasy to imagine I would be this productive at this point. I think it is just adding small projects on top of each other and over time I basically get used to it all. Funny enough, the amount of fun I have with this whole thing is only going up over time too! 🙂

• Martin - Get FIRE'd asap Jan 8, 2017, 3:51 pm

Great work on the podcasts guys. Short and sweet is how I like them. Five minutes works well. It’s also great to put a voice to the name too. I’ll get through your latest casts todsy and look forward to what’s coming up in the future.

• Distilled Dollar Jan 9, 2017, 11:50 am

Thanks! We always love hearing the feedback on what’s good vs what needs more work.

• Millennial Money Jan 10, 2017, 4:41 pm

I have a ton of fun as well! 👊